Sunday, May 28, 2006

School's Out for Summer (Rock, Rock On)

There are 7 days of my first year of teaching left.

I'm excited for the next school year, but when I see those kindergarteners walking around I worry that I'm going to have a room full of them next year. They are so young! It's hard to believe my group started out like that!

Now, they are so grown up. When we talk about second grade, they aren't scared, they are ready. I hope they do well, and I hope the second grade teachers don't think, "Oh, this one had Armijo, they don't know anything." That sounds more mean to myself than I mean it, but still...

I feel like I know a little bit of what parenting is like. You worry if you did enough and you are convinced you didn't.

We did a lot of testing (Writing, Reading, Math), and after looking at the results, I feel I could have done better. But next year's kids will be the beneficiaries, and not this year's.

I've done my best.

2 comments:

Justin said...

So what are you going to do with your summer vacation?

Rachel said...

I have a few projects I'm going to work on, but I'm going to take it pretty easy.

Me and my family are going up to Flagstaff for the fourth of July.

That's about it.