Thursday, March 10, 2005

God's Grace for a Woman of Folly

I've been a little worried about finances as of late because of my risky decision to pay for ballroom dancing lessons without any funds coming in. Add to that the pressure of a father who thinks you are wasting your money and ruining your credit only a few months out of college, and bring on the panic. Have I made an unwise decision? Or is this the best time in my life to get started since I have no other time or monetary commitments? I really had to force myself to calm down enough to ask God to provide for me through Manpower, which is a temp agency. I was still waiting for a phone call from them and still freaking out yesterday when I went to this grassy knoll by where my house is being built. I went to work on Bible study, but first I prayed one more time for God to have mercy on me even though I might have acted foolishly with my money, and to rescue me from my own folly. After I prayed I had this certainty that not only would God provide, but He would do so that afternoon. Strange. So, I did Bible study for about an hour and drove home. Maybe about an hour after I got home Manpower called and offered me a receptionist job for next few months. I start on Friday.

Praise the Lord for He is good.

No comments: