Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Stuff of Blogging

It's been quite a few days since I've posted something hasn't it? There is something about starting and maintaining a blog, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the world quite like it. I often find myself thinking what events I should post in my blog, and, of course, how to relate them to you my audience. Even the smallest occurrences shine with the possibility of postworthiness.

Perhaps this is what being famous is like (something I secretly long for); give your public (in this case the people who read my blog) a little bit of you at a time. For, if I give you too much, well it is just a bit awkward to have so much of oneself available online, but if I give you too little, then I am inaccessible and hardly worth following (in the strictly blog or fame sense). Preferably I would only post about events that are deep or funny or witty or entertaining in some way. If I cannot then I must take the most daily, prosaic (a word borrowed from Lauren's blog) things and write about them in such a way that they are deep or funny or witty or entertaining in some way.

How does one do it? For example, there have been several things that have happened to me since my last post, but I didn't think I could write about them. There was one thing I sat down to write, but by the time I was nearly finished, I couldn't bear to post it. It was too blasé.

But as I mature as a blogger, perhaps I will become more comfortable with posting the more daily stuff of life. And what can be a more appropriate window into my newly uprooted life than the daily things? Perhaps this can be considered my first attempt at writing in this way.

So there you have it, your daily dose of fluff. Enjoy.

No comments: